Saturday, April 30, 2011

French Twist

French Twist
u6/5-61 Petrie Terrace, Brisbane
Ph (07) 3876 4714

After brunch that day with S & T I said I felt like something sweet so S suggested Bittersweet at Paddington so we went there but then we found out it was a chocolate boutique not a dessert place so we went to the only place selling desserts (there was a Movenpick as well but I didn't feel like icecream).

S said she had tried this place and it wasn't very good but I decided to give it a shot. We ordered a Ricotta Tart and a Chocolate Gateau and 2 English Breakfasts to share.

Ricotta Tart

The waiter said this cake tasted like a cheesecake which was what I felt like, but it was not like a cheesecake at all. It was quite crumbly and not very strong cheesey tasting - slightly disappointing. But the pastry was good though - nice and crunchy yet slightly crumbly =)

Chocolate Gateau

The Chocolate Gateau was quite nice though, not too rich but sweet enough for me.  The layers of mousse, cake and cream with the chocolate icing over it really did it for me =)

English Breakfast

I liked the tea set the best - came with teacups, cup of milk and cubes of sugar =) Though the strainer was a little bit strange - you had to hold it at an angle so the tea would go through the strainer without burning your fingers and it wouldn't sit on the teacup - yeah a little bit strange.


They had comfortable (but slightly dirty and old) couches there so we chilled for a few hours. All in all was a pleasant experience.

7/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment