Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Quarter

The Quarter
27 Degraves St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9650 6156

A and the other Brisbane friends wanted to go for brunch at Degraves St - who doesn't =) We decided to go to The Quarter - I had been a while ago, don't remember it being that special but they wanted to try it out so we lined up for a table. It was 10.30am on a Sunday morning, so I guess a line was expected. At least the line wasn't as long as Mart 130 =P


We got a table after waiting about 15mins - not too bad. And they got a table to fit all 8 of us, we thought they were going to split us up which was good =)

I was initially going to make a big breakfast at home this morning, so I didn't really feel like paying for bacon and eggs with mushrooms, spinach and hashbrowns (which was what I was going to make =P). I looked at the Specials board and saw Haloumi Eggs - 2 poached eggs with grilled haloumi & basil pesto on toasted light rye $13.50. I really wanted poached eggs but didn't feel like the typical Eggs Benedict/Florentine so ordered this =) Ended up 5 of us on the table ordered the Haloumi Eggs - was very popular! D wanted to add Haloumi as a side to his dish but the waiter said he couldn't 'cause the Haloumi Eggs dish was very popular.

Haloumi Eggs

Wow my eggs were so small - the others' dishes' eggs were slightly bigger than mine so I guess I was just unlucky. And the Haloumi pieces were so small =( wish they gave us more (I ended up buying my own Haloumi at the supermarket 'cause I felt they didn't give me enough). The basil pesto was very tasty on the rye bread but yeah - just wish there was more egg! What's breakfast without proper sized runny eggs!

D and R ordered the Grecian Omelette - three egg omelette with creamy fetta, black olives & red onion on toasted turkish bread $15.50. R ordered an extra of hashbrowns while D ordered bacon and mushrooms. D got an extra plate to store his extras LOL the extras plate had more stuff on it than his actual plate =P (the bread was on it too that makes it look more but still!)

Grecian Omelette

They said it was very tasty though R said he doesn't like olives and onions so he picked out every single olive and onion piece LOL. The egg was very creamy and fluffy =) D didn't manage to finish his omelette and all his extras lol - but he said the mushrooms were very bland, how hard can cooking mushrooms be?!

M ordered Eggs Florentine.

Eggs Florentine

Looks like the typical Eggs Florentine, but apparently the hollandaise sauce was very bland. And her eggs were very small as well - how stingy!


Ah well, Degraves St has a reputation of having awesome breakfasts but I don't think many are that super duper awesome (re Journal).

6.5/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment