Friday, July 29, 2011

European Bier Cafe

European Bier Cafe
120 Exhibition St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9663 1222

J was back in Melbourne! =D Time for our regular brunch/lunch catch ups ^____^ We decided to go for lunch in the city since she had clinic in the morning. I was flipping through the Entertainment Book for a voucher in the city and came across a buy-1-get-1-free for the European Bier Cafe. I had been here back when P used to work around the corner and remembered their food to be pretty decent and cheap.


We got there at about 1pm and got one of the last tables around - it was very busy! Everyone was having lunch and drinking beers - mainly corporate people so we felt a little out of place =P

Since I made fries last night for dinner, I didn't want anything with fries. Everything came with fries except the Lasagne and risotto - I'm not a fan of risotto so decided to get the lasagne. I know I seem to always order lasagne but this time I didn't have much choice =P J ordered the Mushroom Risotto - she was initially going to order the Beef Burger but decided didn't want to eat with her hands =)

We were so busy chatting didn't realise the time but it was 1.45pm already and our food still hadn't arrived! We finally asked the waiter about it and she came back and said "Sorry about the wait but the chef said it'll be a few minutes away".

And really the food came 2 minutes later.

My Lasagne - beef filled lasagne topped with a rich bechamel sauce served with a fresh garden salad $14

Lasagne

We were so hungry that we really didn't care what the food tasted like - but my lasagne was slightly disappointing =( One of the edges were slightly burnt and was quite dry. The salad was quite fresh but they should have given more - looks so out of proportion to the large lasagne slice.

J ordered the Mushroom Risotto - cooked in porcini stock with wild mushrooms, thinly sliced Pecorino Romano cheese and truffle oil $14

Mushroom Risotto

J said it wasn't hot and the risotto was slightly hard - undercooked yet looked so mushy! But we were so hungry by then that we just ate it all.

It was only $7 each 'cause of the voucher but it was quite disappointing overall - so different from my previous experiences!

Not sure if I'll come back here again..

6.5/10

C.
xo

Continue at Lindt Chocolat Cafe..

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo jealous of your food!!!!!!

    PS: u have pizza and lasanga too much :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha don't read my next post then =P

    ReplyDelete