Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sofia's Pizza House

Sofia's Pizza House
857 Burke Rd, Camberwell
(Ph) 9882 1142

P finally came to get his eyes tested today =D We had wanted to try Sofia's at Camberwell since forever 'cause P's friends used to train all the way to Camberwell just to come to this place - they always went after badminton so they were all starving.. but training 30mins out just for food? We thought it must be fantastic so finally decided to check it out today since P was around =)

There are 2 sides to Sofia's - we walked past the empty side and thought "Shit no one's here!" and then walked further and the other side was PACKED with people. Walked  further inside and found an inside section, packed with people as well. It felt like a fast food place or a food court or something, but yet had a very family warm feel to it all =)


We weren't really starving so we knew we were going to order SMALL/ENTREE size meals - looking around at the massive pizzas (at least 12 inches wide) and the mountains of pasta (seriously like a 10cm mountain!) made us feel a little bit whoosy =P

None of the pastas sounded that good... P let me choose between 2 -
Spaghetti Sofia - chicken fillets, prawns, scallops, capsicum, bacon, mushrooms with napoli sauce
Tagliatelle Sofia - seafood blended in cream, mushrooms and bacon
I'm not a fan of seafood pastas - they always give crappy small pieces of seafood.

Then P suggested we get Lasagne... I didn't choose it this time! =P We also got a small Chicken Hawaiian pizza and we were going to settle for that and then the waiter asked if we wanted any entrees and P blurts out "a small Garlic Bread please"... we were bound to doggy box our food =P

The Lasagne came first - layers of pasta filled with a rich meat sauce, cheese and bechamel $10.70

Lasagne

Oh my god, it was like at least double the size of what I got at the European Bier Cafe. We asked the waiter to make sure this was a small and he said yes. We were full just from looking at it o_Oa I guess I said I was sick of paying bucketloads for the smallest things, after the experience at Esposito haha. The pasta sheets were a bit too soft so it was a but mushy but the meat sauce was so rich and the bechamel sauce was <3 If only the pasta sheets weren't so soft, but I guess they make a massive tray of lasagne and just cut a slice out so it's been sitting there for a long time =( I never thought about that... that it's been sitting in their kitchen for at least a day I'd assume... maybe I'll stop ordering lasagnes from now on =P

The Garlic Bread came second, the waiter asked us if we wanted extra cheese with that, and knowing me, of course I'd say yes =P Little did I know it was extra 80c for it ahh well =P So it was $4.80 all up for it.

Garlic Bread

Entree size? Seriously? It's like a whole pizza on itself. And it was surprisingly very delicious. Super crunchy and garlicy and cheesy =D

The Chicken Hawaiian - tomato, cheese, chicken, herb, pineapple $10.80 came like 10mins after, strange it took so long but we were chomping away at our other foods anyway.

Chicken Hawaiian

This was smaller than we expected actually. But the pizzas we were seeing carried around were all larger and were all like at least 12 inches and cost $16.90 (for the Chicken Hawaiian). We realised this was the same size as our garlic bread (both were entree/small) and they just use the same pan which was why we thought it was small comparatively. There was soo much toppings on the pizza - felt like a Domino's pizza =D So much cheese and chicken it was leaking off the pizza when we cut it up. There were only 4 slices but they were quarter sizes so were massive each - I was stuffed after my 1.5 slices. We were slightly disappointed at the size of it initially but glad we ordered the small - this was the only dish we managed to finish =P We doggy boxed up half the garlic bread and half the lasagne lol.

I had really wanted a piece of cake when we walked into the restaurant - they sold Mark's cakes here! <3 I had been dying for a piece since that day we went to Esposito and it was quite cheap here - $7.50 for a slice. But we were so full that I don't think I would have enjoyed it =( P suggested I take a piece home but what's the point of that it would get dry and not nice... boo! Next time!

We went to the front to pay - this big Italian man was doing the bill for like 3 tables at once, told us it was $30 and I didn't even think and just paid with my credit card. We walked away thinking it was more than we thought so we lined up again to talk to the man and he said he gave us the bill for Table 6 instead of Table X6 =/ He couldn't be bothered refunding the transaction so just gave us the change in coins. I guess no loss to me but sheesh, so careless!

Probably won't come back here for a while - feel a little bit sick thinking about the mountain of foods. Next time we might brave a large pasta - it seriously is like a 10cm high mound lol =P

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment