Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oriental Spoon

Oriental Spoon
254 La Trobe St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9654 9930

A organised a dinner with all the uni friends at Oriental Spoon. Initially 16 were meant to come but 13 came in the end - a very good turn out considering we hadn't really met up since uni finished!


We were going to share dishes but then decided it would be too hard seeing we were such a large group so we decided against that.

Appetizers

We were soo hungry - soo happy we got appetizers! The bean sprouts dish and the eggplant dish were the best, I've never had an eggplant Korean appetizer before - was very delicious! The kimchi was well... spicy =P so not really my thing.

I ordered Stone Bowl Bibimbab (A traditional and colourful rice dish which has rich layeringof fresh organic seasoned vegetables, diced bulgogi and topped with fried egg. Served on top of white rice) $16.90

Stone Bowl Bibimbab

Looks and tastes delicious! =D

Miso Soup

My Stone Bowl rice came with complimentary miso soup - I thought miso soup was Japanese?

3 of my friends also ordered the Stone Bowl rice, but only mine came, and 3 non-stone bowl Bibimbabs arrived instead =______= They accidentally ordered the normal bibimbabs instead of the stone bowls ~__~ We got them to change the order, which they reluctantly did, and had to wait an extra 10mins for them to come.

While we were sorting them out, I had let my stone bowl cook for a bit, when L told me to quickly stir it up before the rice on the bottom burns. But it was fine, and I found very crispy rice on the bottom! My favourite! <3


True stone bowl rice! =D I only added a bit of soy sauce - you're supposed to add chilli sauce in it as well but I can't take chilli so didn't bother. Was truly delicious - just wish there was a bit more bulgolgi in it! I was soo hot by the end of it! Not from chilli but from the temperature of the food cooking in my stone bowl haha

3 of my friends ordered the spicy Rice Cakes - the menu warned us that it's chilli, with 3 chilli symbols next to the dish. And boy was it spicy - E was dying for more water but the waiters were soo busy couldn't give us more water until we nearly finished our meals ><

Spicy Rice Cakes

Just from the appearance, it looks ridiculously spicy - oh gosh. E was saving her one and only dumpling till last 'cause it seemed the least spicy part of the dish, but by the time she finished the rest of the dish, her dumpling was soaked in chilli sauce =/

We were all soo hot by the time we finished our meals - were all dying for some icecream or something on this cold Melbourne day!


Apart from them stuffing up our orders, and then stuffing up the bill (they initially charged us for both the normal bibimbabs and the stone bowl bibimbabs =O) - was a very enjoyable, (but terribly hot!), night =)

8/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment