Friday, June 10, 2011

Vietnam Noodle House

Vietnam Noodle House
251 Swanston St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9639 4911

N was meant to leave in the afternoon but we ended up having so much fun that he decided to stay in Melbourne for dinner before taking the train home. We had to have something quick, they wanted Pho so we headed for Mekong but it was closed for renovations that weekend - for that weekend only, and it was pitch black inside... hmm o_Oa

Anyway so we headed next door to Vietnam Noodle House (J said there were more people there compared to the one next door =P)


I knew what I wanted - Broken Rice with Grilled BBQ Pork Ribs, Egg, Shredded Pork Skin, Steamed Egg Cake served with Sweet Fish Sauce for $9

Broken Rice

Mmm it was very tasty - the BBQ pork ribs had a lemongrass marinade, crisp on the outside but still tender inside =) The steamed egg cake is my favourite - the mixture is very unique, can't really tell what it is (bit of egg bit of seaweed bit of sweet potato noodle bit of mince?) but I really like it =) If only the rice was tomato rice like how I'm used to having it then it'd be perfect! A bit of shredded pork skin, carrots and bean sprouts with rice, a bit of fried egg with pork ribs - mmm broken rice =)

P got the Special Beef Pho with brisket, tendon, tripe, beef balls and rare beef for $10. J and N also got Pho, but they only gave one plate of bean sprouts and no mint leaves for them 3 to share - how stingy.

Special Beef Pho

The soup was quite tasty and 'cause they didn't put much coriander in it, I actually quite liked it =P

P also ordered some Spring rolls, it was either prawns or chicken or pork but all for $8 - pretty expensive for spring rolls, so even though I don't like prawns, I told P to get prawns so we get a better value =P

Spring Rolls

And 'cause they were prawns, I didn't like them very much. It was just prawns inside, nothing else. I thought spring rolls generally have some carrots/veges in them too but these just tasted too stiff of meat.

J also ordered an entree - Rice Paper Rolls with prawns and chicken.

Rice Paper Rolls (originally had 4)

It came with a strange peanut sauce - I thought it was a satay sauce but it wasn't, couldn't really tell what it was. Each rice paper roll had 2 prawns in it and some meat and some lettuce - full of goodies, but the meat was a bit bland. Think the sauce was meant to help the flavour, but since I didn't like the sauce much, that didn't help lol

I liked my meal very much, but the others were a bit disappointed. I knew Pho is not nice =P

6.5/10

C
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment