Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sebastiaan's

Sebastiaan's
58-60 Lydiard St, Ballarat
(Ph) 5331 8511

P and I went to Ballarat for the long weekend to visit N. N hasn't eaten out much so we decided to just go for the only voucher I could find in Ballarat in the Entertainment Book - Zagame's. We drove all the way there, after we got home from Sovereign Hill, only to find it was right next to Sovereign Hill =___= Anyway we got there, and half the bistro was empty, but they said they were fully booked out and told us to wait for at least 15 minutes. We were in a rush for our Ghost Tour so we left and decided to find somewhere close to the train station since we were meeting there for the Ghost Tour. Sebastiaan's was the only restaurant N's been to in Ballarat (which he said was pretty good) and was nice and close to the train station, so we decided to go there.

We walked inside and no one served us so we just found ourselves a table and got ourselves some menus from the side table - they were just short staffed 'cause the rest of the meal the waitress gave very good service.

I kinda felt like nachos but it was a vegetarian version and I really felt like a meat. And then I found the perfect dish to order - the El Poco Loco pizza (Chicken, pepperoni, sun dried tomatoes, capsicum, cheese finished with corn chips and guacamole). I love pizza and combined with my craving of nachos - perfect!

P ordered Fettucini Carbonara (cream, bacon, egg, cheese) as per usual =P We had to go up to the bar to order and pay so it was more like a bistro than a restaurant. There was a chocolate fondue in the kitchen which looked very delicious - but N said he's always thought fondue's are not very hygienic since they keep reusing the chocolate, which is true hmm o_Oa

Fettucini Carbonara

P's pasta was very delicious - very creamy and cheesy and the pasta was not too soft, which was what he was worried about, thinking back to the Papa Gino's experience.  I think I would have liked it more if there were mushrooms in there too, but P didn't mind not having mushrooms at all =P Halfway through, he digs to the bottom of the dish and finds a thick layer of oil at the bottom - "no wonder it's so tasty!" and decided to stop eating with 10% left to go, thinking it was too unhealthy. Why is it that unhealthy food is always so tasty?

My pizza was ginormous! A small was 9" for $16 and a large was 13" for $21. P told me to order a large 'cause he said he would eat it and it's "only the size of a ruler". Oh my goodness it was massive o_Oa

El Poco Loco

But super delicious! There was so much cheese leaking off and the corn chips with guacamole gave the pizza a very nice crunch. The chicken was very tender and melted into the base with the cheese, and the pepperoni wasn't too spicy =) P thinks the base was too thick but I quite liked it - not too yeasty, very crunchy crusts but not too salty (see +39 Pizzeria). I could only eat 2.5 slices - should only have ordered the small one, I don't know why I bother listening to P when he's so wrong so often *sigh* 

We packed the rest of the pizza (which was half the pizza!) in a take away box and decided to eat it the night we were coming back to Melbourne 'cause we wouldn't have time to cook and didn't want to go out again 'cause we had eaten out so often - but in the end we forgot and left it at N's house =( The fact that I was so looking forward to having the pizza again that night just made me crave more nachos on chicken pizza... will definitely try making it myself!

The waitress came and asked us how our meals were and brought us water and everything - so no, the service wasn't too bad here, just 'cause they were understaffed.

Definitely one of the best pizza's I've ever had! =) I wanna go back to Ballarat again now!

9.5/10

C.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment