Thursday, June 9, 2011

Papa Gino's

Papa Gino's
221 Lygon St, Carlton
(Ph) 9347 5757

J was visiting Melbourne as well (so many people visiting all of a sudden ^^) and he wanted to go to Lygon St - so it was my 2nd time back to Lygon in 3 days =P We were walking along the street - J wanted to go to the restaurant with the most people inside =P We settled for Papa Gino's.

We were initially going to share but 'cause I was sick, N didn't want to - woopz ^^;;

P ordered a bowl of Wedges to start off - $6

Wedges

They gave such a massive bowl of sour cream - but excessive lol. I really like wedges - every time I try to make it at home it's such a fail =(

P ordered a Meat Lovers 'cause he really wanted one at Il Gambero but we didn't end up ordering it the other day.

Meat Lovers

Medium size Meat Lovers (Tomato, mozarella cheese, ham, hot salami, chicken, bacon & bbq sauce) for $14 - pretty good! Though the hot salami was quite spicy for my liking. And I think I would have liked it more if there was more cheese - I love cheese so much =P

J ordered a large Super Special (tomato, mozarella cheese, ham, hot salami, mushrooms, green capsicum, olives, anchovies, prawns & smoked mussels) - he wanted the most expensive pizza on the menu =P The most expensive Pizza was actually Campania (diced tomato, mozzarella cheese, potato, onion, prosciutto) but he didn't want prosciutto =P

Super Special

He decided to get a large for $21 - and omg it was humongous! We had to help him eat a few slices, and he was holding his tummy by the time he finished haha =P I liked how the mushrooms melted into the cheese mmmmm =D

I ordered the Pollo e Spinachi Fettucini (chicken & spinach in tomato & cream sauce) for $14.90. After the delicious Pollo pizza from Il Gambero the other day, with chicken and spinach, I was expecting wonderful things of this fettucini. I would have ordered a pizza as well (you know I like crunchy pizzas more than carb-full pastas =P) but since I had a sore throat, I thought a pizza wouldn't do me much good.

Pollo e Spinachi Fettucini

But the chicken didn't go very well with the spinach in this pasta =( Dunno why but it just wasn't very tasty overall - the pasta was a bit too overcooked so they were a bit too soft. And they don't give enough stuff, 90% of the dish is just fettucini - carbs, ugh. The chicken bits were cut very small so you could barely taste it. I should have ordered the Entree size - seriously could not finish this main meal, and I got a bit sick of it after eating so many mouthfuls of fettucini.

N also ordered a pasta - a tortellini dish, he was stuffed and couldn't finish his meal either. And his dish looked a little mushy. Will remember to not order pastas here again!



Generous portions for the price you pay here though - you can see the size difference between the medium and large pizza lol =P

6/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment