Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dorayaki Cafe

Mister Dorayaki Cafe
Diners Life Food Court, Centro Box Hill

We were walking around Boxhill Centro after our afternoon tea at Jade Cafe and came across a Dorayaki cafe! I really like dorayaki's =) it's what Doraemon eats!


There was a line outside since it was newly opened. P said he's never had one before (even though I'm pretty sure we had some when we were in Japan! and I took him to the one in Sunnybank in Brisbane!) so we decided to get some even though they're pretty expensive here - $2.90 each! I'm 100% sure the one at Sunnybank in Brisbane sells them at <$2 each and has been there for over 5 years - that's another thing that Brisbane got before Melbourne! (the other is Mos Burgers =P)

It's one for $2.90 and 2 for $5.00 so I decided to get one as well =P


They have the same flavours as the one in Brisbane - custard, red bean, chocolate, green tea, taro, peanut, coffee, black sesame cream cheese, tuna... think that's all of them. They don't have coconut here which is my favourite flavour at the one in Sunnybank =(


P wanted custard - the natural flavour. I wanted to get the cream cheese but they had run out of cream cheese =( I didn't want red bean since I always get that so I got peanut instead.


These are bigger than the ones at Sunnybank though.

Custard

Runny custard inside a pancake-like crispy cake. I'm not a fan of Asian custard (奶黄) - too creamy and milky for me, but then again I don't really like Western custard much anyway =/ I'd much rather lotus paste or red bean =)

Peanut

My peanut dorayaki was surprisingly delicious! The peanut mush is crushed with some paste mixed with it - reminds me of the sesame sweet bean paste (麻蓉) bun at Plume yumcha =) Much like!

They gave us a loyalty card but only put one stamp on it - I looked at it closely and it's "one stamp per $5 spent"! Cheh! Waste of effort! It's like the new Brumby's loyalty card - only get one stamp per $8 spent when it used to be one per loaf of bread - not gonna buy from there anymore!

Food~
8/10 - quite tasty! want to try the cream cheese next time =) too bad they're not cheap..

Service/Atmosphere~
2/5 - was alright, think the workers were newbies 'cause some were a bit lost lol

Next time we come to Boxhill will try some other ones =)

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment