Friday, May 27, 2011

Caffe Esc

Caffe Esc
ANZ Centre, 833 Collins St, Docklands
(Ph) 9614 5555
☆☆

I read that Peter Van Haandel opened a new breakfast hangout at the ANZ Building in Docklands, after his very successful Mr Tulk at the State Library. And since it's got ☆☆ in the Cheap Eats Guide, thought I should check it out with J =)

It's actually literally 5mins walk from my apartment, but I still got there late - woopz! Sorry J =P Why is it that the closer you are to a place/work/uni, the later you arrive (true for me anyway =P)

It's literally located on the ground floor of the ANZ Centre, how convenient for the workers there to get awesome coffee in the mornings =)


The food menu is not very extensive, and I guess most people go there for coffee, 'cause the waiter asked us if we wanted breakfast or coffee when we got there at 10.30am.

I went for the breakfast classic of Eggs Benedict. J was tossing up between Eggs Benedict as well, or the Mushroom and Goats Cheese Bruschetta on the lunch menu, in the end she got an Eggs Benedict too =)

Eggs Benedict

Delicious! The eggs were perfectly poached - the yolk still slightly runny =) The hollandaise sauce was very tasty - not too salty, and just enough creamy-ness. I was very satisfied, and I know J was too 'cause she finished it before I did =P

J ordered a Latte as well which she gave the thumbs up for =)

Will definitely come back since it's so close to home!

8/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment