Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dumplings Plus

Dumplings Plus
269 Swanston St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9663 8181

It was after our tango class again, and initially I was planning to go to The Metropolitan Hotel on William St 'cause I got a Shop-a-Docket buy-1-meal-get-1-free voucher for here. We trammed to William St x Bourke St then walked all the way up to Little Lonsdale St, it was 8.30pm by the time we got there - and they tell us they're closing at 9pm!! Arghh! :(

I was so angry, this happened the other day as well! I should stop picking places and let P choose instead :( We were going to walk to Hardware Lane and eat there since there is nothing to eat around William St x Little Lonsdale St, but by the time we walked there P said he didn't want to eat on Hardware Lane 'cause food there is generally expensive. So in the end, we walked all the way back to Swanston St - lame huh =_____=

We weren't very hungry by then, but we still had to eat, so we just decided to go to Dumplings Plus since P said he wanted Pho noodles but he knows I hate it, so we settled for him getting Chinese noodles :)

They're famous for their hand made noodles here so P ordered a stir fried one, since he wanted Char Kway Teow.

Fried Hand Made Thick Noodles with Seafood

The noodles were quite chewy - very different to normal rice noodles, but it gives more texture to the noodles :) The only regret is ordering seafood instead of pork. Pork would have made the noodles more tasty whereas seafood (consisting of prawns, calamari and fish cakes) doesn't give much flavour to the noodles. Presentation's not great either, but what can you expect for a Swanston St restaurant - actually Your Thai wasn't too bad.

I ordered the Marinated Lamb Wrapped with Veges - it came like 10mins after the noodles came, so that was a bit lame since this is supposed to be an entree! What's with these Swanston St restaurants giving us mains before our entrees?! (re Your Thai again :P)

Marinated Lamb Wrapped with Veges

This entree was very big - I was very full after eating only 1.5 wraps. The lamb was surprisingly soft, like braised lamb - the meat fell apart without any vigorous cutting :) The veges was only shredded cucumber haha, but it went well with the pancake - I love spring onion pancakes (the Chinese type, not the Korean type LOADED with spring onions :P) Considering this entree cost $8.80, which is only slightly cheaper than P's noodles ($10.80), I guess you'd expect it to be reasonably filling :)

The waiters here are very enthusiastic - P was leaning over his finished plate to try my lamb wrap and the waiter took his plate from under his arms =/ And 2 seconds after I finished my plate, it was taken from me already haha. I think there's probably too many waiters here lol

I had planned to order a Red Bean Pancake after we had finished, but I was just SO full after my lamb wrap could not fit anymore in :(

Quite satisfied given we paid less than $20 for us both to be stuffed full :)

Oh and next time I'm not choosing the place we eat at after our Tango lesson ><

6/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment