Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mr Tulk

Mr Tulk
328 Swanston St, Melbourne
(Ph) 8660 5700
☆☆☆

Since I loved brunch so much, I wanted to try out the famour Mr Tulk with P - I don't usually get to go brunch with him normally so I had to choose one of the best in Melbourne =)

It's located at the side of the State Library, I've walked past this cafe so many times over the past few years but never stepped inside it until this day.


You order inside and then you find a seat either outside (pictured below) or inside at the big long tables. I've been going to a lot of little cafes where you share tables with other people - I like it =) We chose to sit outside because it was a cold day and the sun was very tempting, though after sitting 5mins, we had to move to the umbrella shade 'cause it was just too burning hot! *sigh* the crazily hot Australian sun =P


I ordered the Spinach Puree and Pancetta Baked Eggs with Toasted Sourdough 'cause I had been wanting some baked eggs for a very long time but never got a chance to order it anywhere.

Spinach puree and pancetta baked eggs with toasted sourdough

It was SOOO hot I burnt myself on the spinach puree. I was slightly disappointed - I didn't find the eggs until I was 1/3 through the dish already, so I was eating the spinach puree with the sourdough which tasted delicious though! There were 2 eggs with 2 very thin slices of pancetta. It would have been very delicious with the bread as well except by the time I got to the eggs I had eaten most of the bread with the spinach puree! I guess that was my fault but oh well!

P ordered beef lasagne - I thought the point of coming to Mr Tulk was to have brunch but I guess he was never meant to be a brunch person =P

Beef Lasagne with bread

He said it was pretty good but not spectacular but I thought it was very good! Though they only had cheese on the top - between the layers there was only bolognaise sauce. I like the creamy cheesy layer more which is making me want to make my own lasagne!

They had their own personal comment cards and bookmark! Very cool =)

Comments card and bookmark

Very trendy hang out place! Will definitely come back and try the rest of the menu =)

7.5/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment