Monday, May 16, 2011

Gami

Gami
100 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9671 3232

A was back in Melbourne for the conference so we had a catch up with a few others since we hadn't seen each other since uni finished last year! We hadn't picked a place yet but I was going to bring along my Cheap Eats Guide and pick a place from it. A then said he felt like Korean so R suggested coming to Gami. He told us it wasn't like traditional Korean food, but it was famous for it's Korean fried chicken and beer.

R ordered for us, trying to practice his Korean, but the waitress couldn't really understand his Korean - I think she would have preferred if he ordered in English =P He ordered a plate of Korean fried chicken and a seafood pancake to share.

Korean Seafood and Spring Onion Pancake (with side salad next to it)

The pancake was quite nice - I like how they crunched the edges =) But I think there was a bit too much spring onion in it, I'm not a fan of spring onion, not excessive amounts anyway 'cause it was spring onion >>>> seafood - but overall quite tasty.

Half/Half - sweet chilli and sweet soy garlic

The plate of fried chicken was soo big, no wonder R said that would be enough for us :P Tasted kinda like KFC but flavoured quite nicely - I liked the sweet soy garlic one better. I wonder how they deep fry it yet soak it in sauce and still remain crunchy =) I thought the whole plate was chicken drumlets so I was a bit disappointed when I picked up 2 pieces of chicken breast - so not a fan of chicken breast =( But yes, very tasty but it was a bit too much overall :P They provided a small plate of side salad, which was just chopped lettuce with some mayo and tomato-y sauce over it - wasn't really a salad but it was good to break up our mouthfuls of chicken... a bit =P


We also all got a small grape drink - I think it was only about 200ml so didn't really quench my thirst after all the fried food but was quite nice with little jelly bits at the bottom =)

The company was better than the food, but it's a nice place to chill out (we sat for about 3hrs) - a bit far away from the main city though. But very cheap overall - only $12.50 each =)

7/10

C.
xo

3 comments:

  1. KFC (the Korean version) is so much better than the fast food alternative. It's on par with kim chi for best Korean food ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like your blog.
    As if she didn't understand me :o I failed because I forgot how to say "can"(of drink) in Korean, turns out it was just "can"... :s
    She still brought us the food :p
    Oh and the pancake is called Pajeon. Pa = spring onion hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks :)
    that was funny with the waitress :P
    oh - i get it re the pancake haha

    ReplyDelete