Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Groove Train - Part 2


Groove Train
Shop 2002, Level 2, Westfield Doncaster, 
619 Doncaster Rd, Doncaster
(Ph) 9840 6477

See Part 1 for my visit to the Groove Train at Melbourne Central.

M was leaving work (*super sad face*) so we went out for dinner at Doncaster to farewell her =( Doncaster! Lucky G was driving us =P I still haven't started driving to work yet - can't find all day parking that isn't parallel park!

Too bad there was only one 25% off voucher in the Entertainment book =(

The waiter asked us if we wanted to order drinks. Normally I don't order drinks but I've been craving Coke or soft drink for ages, so decided to get a Lemon Lime & Bitters $4.20 - mmm satisfied my cravings =D

I didn't want pizza again, didn't feel like pasta - was considering the Veal Parmigiana but then decided I didn't want any chips. In the end I settled for the Chicken Calzone - chicken, ricotta cheese, onion, spinach & semi-dried tomatoes served on top of a Napoli and Pesto sauce $18.90

Chicken Calzone

It was surprisingly very tasty! Better than any calzone I've ever tasted - I've been a bit reluctant on ordering Calzone before 'cause it always felt very dry and lacked toppings. But the napoli and pesto sauce made the dish taste partly pasta-like and partly pizza-like - I super like =D


The ricotta cheese was melted with the spinach mmm! =) Only downside was the chicken pieces were really big, like 3cm long pieces, and was chicken breast boo =( Most of the crust was crunchy except the pastry on the bottom which was soft 'cause it was soaking in the sauce - but that's alright, 'cause the napoli and pesto sauce was delicious! Who would have thought to put napoli with pesto together?! They're normally in 2 totally different pastas! =)


Lovely dinner with great company! I like this Groove Train better than the Melbourne Central one - I guess 'cause this is quite newly renovated =) It was relatively quiet even though there was a birthday dinner with cake and song next to us - it's 'cause the restaurant is in this open area along with a few other restaurants, so it was really easy to chat and chill =)

Farewell Megan! =(

8.5/10 

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment