Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tori Matsu

Tori Matsu
179 King St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9670 9683

P's boss took him here for lunch one day and he came home saying it was really good and well worth the money - so he decided to bring me here =)

It's a small restaurant with a very small door - really wouldn't go in unless I knew of it. We went upstairs where there were nice comfy lounge chairs. It was really dark - don't know why they didn't open the window to let the natural sunlight in?

P said the Bento boxes were really good here - he wanted to get the one he got last time but then wanted to try something new. In the end I got the one he tried last time and he tried something new. We pressed the "Waiter" button - how cool is that? =P


P got the Tempura Bento - Tempura, Sushi and Sashimi served with Miso soup & two small dishes of the day $19.80. He asked for extra rice since his bento box doesn't come with rice - $2 for it.

Tempura Bento

So much food! And all was very tasty =D The tempura we make at home is never as good as the restaurant ones =(

I got the ToriMatsu Bento - Tempura, BBQ Chicken and Sushi served with Miso Soup & two small dishes of the day $19.80

Tori Matsu Bento

They accidentally gave me a bowl of rice too - lucky P was hungry and ate my bowl too =P So our bento boxes were the same except I had BBQ Chicken (or teriyaki chicken =P) instead of his sashimi. Our tempura was exactly the same even though his was called the "Tempura Bento" - I thought he'd get an extra prawn or something =P I guess they just make many bowls of tempura and just pick whatever they need for whichever bento box. The funny thing was the tempura sauce came in what looked like a Chinese tea cup - I should have taken a photo of it but I found something similar on the internet.

Longevity Tea Cup 3
Cup holding tempura sauce

How funny is that =P Maybe Chinese people own this restaurant - I wouldn't be surprised actually =P

I got a shock when I bit into the sushi and found a big bit of wasabi inside - this is why I don't like ordering sushi at restaurants, they always "help" you by putting wasabi in it already =P Though the salmon was so fresh and so fatty <3

We were soo stuffed - could barely finish our bento boxes. Japanese food always feels healthy even though it was fried food =P

Bit expensive for lunch, but very satisfying! =)

8/10

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment