Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Choix Creperie Cafe

Choix Creperie Cafe
Shop G22, Liberty Lane, 620 Collins St, Melbourne
(Ph) 9629 1883

See here for my last visit here.

P and I wanted some quick lunch, so of course, where else to go but downstairs =) It was either fish & chips or crepes - P didn't want fried food since we had been really unhealthy lately so crepes it was!


Even though I loved my Luca last time, we decided to try 2 new crepes *resist the urge for lasagne-like foods* =P We decided to sit there this time instead of taking it away, see if that would keep the crepes crispy instead of being soft like last time when we took it away.

P got the The Chairman - Peking Duck, cucumber, lettuce & plum sauce $13.50

The Chairman

Looks tasty!


I quite liked it but P thought it was alright and liked his Parma from last time better (though last time he said he liked my Luca better *sigh* =P) He said it was strange and fusion-like, having Asian ingredients in a crepe - I thought he said he likes fusion now (after all those baked rices we've been having =P) There was minimal sauce - just a bit of plum sauce which kept the crepe crispy. But we both thought it was a bit weird having lettuce in it, there is no lettuce in Peking duck =P

My The Fun Guy - mushrooms, taleggio cheese & spinach $9.90 took ages to be made! P had nearly finished his before mine came ><

The Fun Guy

Ahh! My favourite vegetarian ingredients - cheese, mushrooms and spinach <3 I've never heard of tallegio cheese before - apparently it's a "washed rind and smear ripened cheese with a strong aroma but a comparatively mild flavour with an unusual fruity tang". Really? a fruity tang?! it did have a very strong aroma AND flavour though - I liked it, as I like most cheeses <3 Brought a lot of flavour to the crepe =)


Mmmm!

Food~
The Chairman - Peking Duck, cucumber, lettuce & plum sauce - 6/10 - was okay but not as good as the other ones... a bit too fusion for our liking =P

The Fun Guy - mushrooms, taleggio cheese & spinach - 7/10 - I loved it! if only it had some meat in it..


Service~
2/5 - P's crepe came so much quicker than my crepe! You'd think they'd do one after another =/

Atmosphere~
2/5 - it's a very small cafe, and when we got there there was a 4 people booth free and 2 free seats at another 4 people table, we asked if we could sit at the 4 people booth and the waiter said yes but they'll have to move us when more customers come, which means we basically can't sit there ~___~ so we shared the other table, but when those 2 people finished, we had to get up and let them out - a bit awkward in my opinion. In the end we moved to the bar area so we could watch them make our crepes =)

Will always be one of the local cafes we go to for a quick lunch!

C.
xo

Choix Creperie Café on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment