Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Langham Hotel

Langham Hotel
1 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank
(Ph) 9696 8888

I had a work function at Langham Hotel - 3 course meal provided! =D I know it's not really considered a restaurant but I wanna share the food I had =)

I was soo hungry, so the bread roll + butter was super tasty =P Ended up having 2 haha


Entree was Pumpkin ravioli in pomodoro sauce, green olives, smoked mozzarella and fresh marjoram alternated with Smoked and Confit Salmon Rillette with endives and rocket salad. I got the salmon dish =)


Wow this was so fancy compared to what you normally get as entrees! The confit salmon rillette was delicious - wish they gave us more than one cracker =P I'm not a fan of endive - it's kinda bitter =/ And that piece of grapefruit-like thing next to the rillette was kinda bitter as well - but I was so happy, they were so generous with the smoked salmon! =D

Main was Sirloin of beef with caramelized shallots, ragout of mushrooms, Duchesse potato served with Claret glaze alternated with Snapper fillet and moreton bay bug with brown butter, parsley potatoes and capers. Since I was having steak the next night, I swapped for the fish with my friend =P


Moreton bay bug! That's expensive =P The bug was very sweet and juicy - I'm not usually a fan of crustaceans but this was definitely yum! The snapper was slightly bland though, if only the sauce had a bit more flavour. The baby carrot was super sweet =)

Dessert was Baked Cheese Cake with Berry Compote


Deeeelicious! Cheesey and berry goodness =D Though the cheesecake didn't have much of a biscuit base which was slightly disappointing. Still thumbs up =)

Food~
7.5/10 - definitely good! I've been for high tea at Aria at Langham Hotel before and that was totally thumbs up too =)

Service + Atmosphere~
Well I came here for a private function so can't really say much about these, but definitely up there =)

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment