Friday, September 30, 2011

Co Do

Co Do
196 Victoria St, Richmond
(Ph) 9421 2418

It was yet another shopping day at Richmond, and of course P wanted Pho... I'm sick of these 
Vietnamese restaurants!

We randomly stumbled across Co Do which is actually in the Cheap Eats Guide rated ☆ only but still!

Of course P ordered Special Beef Pho =_______= I wasn't that hungry and wanted something small but also wanted that egg pancake thing I've seen at the other Vietnamese restaurants along Victoria St. There were no pictures in the menu =( We asked the waiter what "Special Vietnamese pancake" was - I couldn't really hear what he said (what's what that lately eg. Cafe Vue) but he said something like it'll be a 15 minute wait and that we make it ourselves or something? Didn't sound right so I decided to get something else. Saw on the wall the Specials list and decided to get Grilled Minced Beef Wrap in Vine Leaf - sounded interesting =)


This was so funny when I saw it - they bought jars of Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce and took the label off them and stuck them on their own bottle =P


I wonder if they really fill it with LKK Hoisin Sauce or some random brand's one...

Wow they gave so much garnishing vegetables for P's Pho - the plate is like bigger than the Pho bowl!


Then we realised they prepare these plates beforehand and give the same plate whether one or two people order Pho - so I guess... bonus? =P

P's Special Beef Pho $8 came first.

Special Beef Pho

Looks pretty tasty but the soup was a little too salty =( There was an assortment of meats and tripe etc but there was no beef brisket.. my favourite! T___T I didn't like this soup much (cf Thanh Nga Nine), it tasted more of coriander! =P But it was quite oily and salty =/ There was so much vegetables on the garnish plate - P only took some of the bean sprouts and the mint leaves. At the end, he decided to break some of the lettuce up and put it in the soup - was quite strange actually, don't think lettuce normally goes in Pho?

My Grilled Minced Beef Wrap in Vine Leaf came out - no idea on the price, couldn't find it in the menu even when I tried to match the Vietnamese name to the names in the menu =(

Grilled Minced Beef Wrapped in Vine Leaf

Looks kinda like little poops aye? =P but it was surprisingly very tasty! Little rolls of minced beef wrapped in vine leaf and fried to crispiness, sitting on a bed of vermicilli squares (I wonder how they make the vermercilli such perfect squares?) A bit of vermicilli dipped in the fish sauce, with a bit of the wrap and some peanuts = YUM! =D

P went to pay for it and was shocked it was $21! Which means my beef wraps were $13 =O I thought it'd be definitely <$10 so was a bit shocked - probably wouldn't have tried it if I knew it was $13 initially which means I would have missed out on this yummy dish hmm..

Food~
Special Beef Pho - 4.5/10 - was not very tasty given Pho is meant to be such a basic dish for Vietnamese restaurants... and so much lettuce? fusion? haha

Grilled Minced Beef Wrap in Vine Leaf - 7.5/10 - this was definitely very yum! probably not worth $13 but was quite tasty indeed =)

Service~
2/5 - waiter was a bit impatient when we asked what the Vietnamese pancake was and when we said we wanted a few minutes and he just said "well just call me when you're ready" in a blunt tone... food came quite quickly though but that's usually expected in these cheap Asian restaurants lol

Atmosphere~
3/5 - pretty good given it's an Asian restaurant... though I don't like it how we get our own cutlery from the buckets at the end of the table.. seems like everyone else can touch the cutlery before you, but all Asian restaurants are like that... ah well Asian! =P

C.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment